Wednesday, June 24, 2009

THE BROWN COW

Okay, so, today was my day to visit mom in the rehab center. Once, again, they have withheld her beloved suppositories and she is backed up. By the grace of God, they produced the almighty suppository for her use, but it only worked half way. After an hour of straining and an unwanted extraction, the nurse brought in a concoction of prune juice and milk of magnesia. I, for one, would have added a little vodka, but what do I know. The nurse proclaimed this the magic "Brown Cow", which, can I tell you, sent me into waives of mirth. What a name, it conjures so many things, none of them good. Well, about the time they took her to lunch, said magic "Brown Cow" began to work and you can imagine the rest of the story. Kathy Griffin, where are you when I need you and L how can you leave me at a time like this?

Back to serious. L please continue the story of New Orleans. T

No comments:

Post a Comment