Thursday, June 18, 2009

RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD

I could say, "thank God and Greyhound," but it was the old convertible, not Greyhound that brought me home. This morning, going through Mesquite, Arizona and St. George, the weather was perfect - around 70-72 degrees. I had the top down, the wind blowing through my hair (it's a great excuse for not doing anything with your hair in the morning, and then blaming it on the wind)! So, I'm driving down the highway, with the ipod blasting away, I'm singing along with the tunes, when I look at the windshield and think to myself "are those tiny little raindrops?" Well, being the ever adventurer that I am, I didn't give it a second thought. Well, in retrospect, I should have given it a little more thought than I did, because about 30 seconds later, I am being pelted with a nice cold rain shower. It kind of reminded me of the scene in k-9 with Jim Belushi, where he makes the dog go through the car wash in the convertible so that it will get a bath. By the time I was able to pull to the side of the road, I was sopping wet and even after I put the lid up on the car (that's what my grandson Trace calls the top), the inside of the top kept dripping on me. Well, at least it kept me from falling asleep. You know, maybe it was my singing that caused the downpour!!!!

After I got home, I didn't realize just how many bottle of wine I purchased from the various wineries, until I started unloading it. T - it's a rough job, but someone has to help me drink all this wine. Are you up for the challenge?

Anyway, I'm back in one piece and absolutely cannot wait for Smokey Robinson tomorrow night. Cheers!!!!! L

No comments:

Post a Comment