Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I know that it is your turn to blog, L, but while you are enjoying the sun and ocean, I too, have been having a great water experience.

So, we all know that Mom is a "pill". She virtually was thrown out of the hospital and almost hand carried to the rehab center, just to get rid of her. I also suspected that she was not "playing nice in the sand-box" at her new home away from home. Ever the optimist, I had hopes, only to be dashed in the most traumatic way today.

My mission was to retrieve her blue robe, green robe, tweezers, and flat toothpicks from the house (I would have gone for a bottle of wine and Excedrin). I was also informed that she probably would be in the gym when I arrived. I had been informed that she spent time in the "siccuzi". Briefly I wondered what she wore in the "siccuzi" since I hadn't been required to retrieve a bathing suit. To my dismay, I found out what she wears...Let me say here that I am currently typing this by braille, temporarily blinded with what I found.

Apparently, Mom did not want to go to breakfast, prefering instead to badger the nurses for yet another sopository. She then refused lunch, siting the people she ate with were only concerned with THEIR medical problems and not hers. After, what I can only assume was sheer torture for the nurses, she was left alone in the "siccuzi" buck naked, and that is how I found her, tits up and screaming Don't leave me here alone."

Kathy Griffin, if you are out there, I will gladly trade mothers with you. I'll tip the box and keed that wine glass full. You take my mother and you are guaranteed material for life and a spot on the "A" list. Hugs to you all, T

No comments:

Post a Comment