Tuesday, June 16, 2009

THE TRIP HOME

Before I get to the trip home from Carmel, there are a couple of other things that T forgot that were ever so special. First, T and I were both impartial to Doris Day, one way or the other. But, after being bitten by fleas in our rooms, having to hang out the windows of our rooms to get any reception on our cell phone, and watching the dogs poop while we were eating, we could not longer go along with “ke sera, sera”. It was war. The hotel was plastered with posters of Doris in her various movies. T was determined to draw a moustache on Doris with a sharpie before the trip was over. This was more difficult than one would imagine, since the hotel lobby area was never empty. T had one chance; however, one of our fellow Artista gals came out of no where just as T was ready to perform some truly magnificent artwork on Doris.

One other most eventful part of our trip was going to the mall. I don’t believe that I have ever been in a mall quite like the one in Carmel and I’m no sissy when it comes to shopping. I have shopped from coast to coast. But, truly, I have never been in a shopping center where there are dog’s water dishes outside of the stores. Now, when I shop, I am preoocupied with the shops and what is in the window, than what is on the ground outside of the shops. So you can just imagine the words that I used when I walked out of one of the shops and put my foot directly into the dog’s water dish. Let’s just say, it was another of my tourette’s incidents!!!

My sopping wet foot is a great segway to the trip home. We didn’t have any maps going on our trip, because the car had GPS. Bill programmed the address in before we left and it did splendidly at telling us when to turn, stop, or go. The trip home; however, was something else. Because Bill wasn’t there to program the GPS, I put in the address to home and the GPS configured the return trip. We followed it exactly. After driving for about an hour, we passed a field of windmills. I looked at T and she looked at me, and we both had that OMG look on our face. We didn’t pass windmills on our way to Carmel, so we were certain that we were lost. Getting off on the next exit, we immediately headed to a local gas station to get a map, in hopes of finding out way home. During the drive; however, T had gotten comfortable and had kicked off her shoes. Upon exiting from the car to get the map, T put her shoes on and headed into the store. After a few minutes, T came out armed with maps and some G-2 (which is great for tachacardia!). I was okay with that until I saw that she was laughing. Now, knowing T, God only knows what that could mean. After getting back in the car, she said, “well, you know how you stepped in the dog’s water dish, and we laughed and laughed about it? Well, when I walked into the store, my feet felt kind of funny and when I got into the store, I looked down and realized that my shoes were on the wrong feet!”

Needless to say, that was the highlight of our trip home. Oh, remember earlier when I described our amazingly wonderful rooms in Reno on our way to Carmel, well, we forgot to make a reservation for our rooms on the way home – big, big, big, big mistake! Everything that the other rooms were, these rooms were not. Because the hotel was full, we ended up in rooms with a Murphy bed, with a lovely bar right through the middle. We would have slept on the floor and been more comfortable, but God only knows what we could have picked up from the carpet!!!

We did get home in one piece with all of our art work with no other casualties and, after five minutes of being home, we were already planning our next adventure.

Hugs & Kisses – L

No comments:

Post a Comment